A place for those who loved her to write, post pictures, and share memories with her family and friends.

**Its been so comforting and positive to feel the love you are all sharing and to share the wonderful memories we have! This is a place where we can all share our love, feelings, thoughts, memories, pictures and 'tributes' to Adrianne (and her family) anytime, no matter how how big or small!

I have set up an e-mail account for this, and when you'd like something posted, please e-mail it to:

rememberingadrianne@gmail.com

However, if you are a close friend or family of Adrianne and will post often or would like access without going through me every single time, let me know and I can make you a 'blog author'.
Thanks! -Jes

Monday, February 16, 2009

Blog Makeover Details & A Post By Alyssa Bailey

I'm finally 'starting' (key word here) to get some music up and things arranged for the blog! Keep sending in or commenting other music recommendations -I promise to get to them all eventually! :)
Also, I'm sure you all noticed the sweet new makeover?! I'd like to thank Alyssa for designing it! Its perfect! Adrianne would love it! ...For those of you who don't know, its similar to the original one she designed for them personal blog Adrianne kept (a link to that blog is in the sidebar too). The butterflies are the famous 'Coldplay butterflies' from their concerts. Adrianne thought it was so beautiful and 'romantic' to watch clouds of these paper butterflies rain down. She was SO excited to be there in person (November '08), and even saved and kept several of the paper butterflies from the concert in her wallet. Alyssa also wanted to share the story of the blog template and wrote a little about Adrianne, so that is posted below.
**I'm including the Coldplay 'Lovers in Japan' music video so you can see the butterflies in action (near the end) if you want... and to kind of separate my part from Alyssa's story.
(Thank you again Alyssa!!)
-Jes
PS Ive already had a couple of people fall in love with the background, and ask for Alyssa's contact info, so click on her name for a link to her web page, as well as I will add her email address at the end of her post (found just below the video).


Alyssa's Post:
I was friends with Annie in high school, but maybe more like casual acquaintances. I liked her enough to be facebook friends but I was surprised when she started chatting with me one day... and the next day.. and several days a week, but I was really flattered. Of course I know she liked to chat with a lot of people, but she still made time to talk to me, when a lot of my friends didn't. And I started to really look forward to talking to her and hearing her opinion about movies, music and everything, plus giving her some boy advice. I gave her a lot of convincing arguments for why she should move to Salt Lake, although I didn't admit it was really because I wanted to hang out with her in real life (didn't get a chance to, sadly.) When she casually expressed interest in having a new style for her blog I jumped in and offered to make her a custom background image and header for free (I usually charge a little for blog templates)—as a Christmas gift of gratitude to her for being my friend for no apparent reason. Adapting the Coldplay butterflies and designing a new header for this blog is a privilege, and I suppose my last gift of gratitude for her kindness.
-Alyssa Bailey
zoepapilia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment