A place for those who loved her to write, post pictures, and share memories with her family and friends.

**Its been so comforting and positive to feel the love you are all sharing and to share the wonderful memories we have! This is a place where we can all share our love, feelings, thoughts, memories, pictures and 'tributes' to Adrianne (and her family) anytime, no matter how how big or small!

I have set up an e-mail account for this, and when you'd like something posted, please e-mail it to:

rememberingadrianne@gmail.com

However, if you are a close friend or family of Adrianne and will post often or would like access without going through me every single time, let me know and I can make you a 'blog author'.
Thanks! -Jes

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In Loving Memory (by, Kimberly Bradbury)

**excerpts from entry originally posted on her personal blog at: http://www.foreverbradbury.blogspot.com/**

I was deeply and saddened and shocked on Sunday after noon when I found out that one of my friends from school passed away. On Sunday morning Adrianne was in Orem getting ready to make her way back up to Murray, her home. She was headed westbound on 800 S. and when she reached State Street she ran a red light and was struck on the drivers side by a truck. Police are pretty sure she died on impact. Something that hit real close to home is that 20 minutes before her accident she was on facebook talking to her friends. Her last status update is "leaving happy valley". It was so crazy that she was in contact just minutes before her death. It's way too sad! Just a few weeks ago I had found her facebook and added her as a friend. I'm honored she excepted.

Adrianne McBride and I went to school together all the way from Elementary till we graduated at Murray High in 2003. I have many great memories of Adrianne. I remember when she skipped a grade and was in my class in elementary school. I had the privilege of being her 'stand partner' in Hillcrest Jr. High's orchestra our 9th grade year. She was concert mistress (I must admit I was jealous, but I was proud to be runner up). She was a great leader and was adored by the rest of our orchestra and our teacher, Mr. Wolfe. In high school we weren't as close but were still in orchestra together. I had to laugh at a picture I got of her on band tour going to San Diego pointing at me and saying "if you take that picture you're dead!" Band tours were so much fun in high school and I remember in Washington DC our senior year we got to share a stand one last time at our performance since a lot of the 1st violin section didn't go. I will always remember Adrianne as a bright, outgoing, funny and beautiful person. I know that she is in a better place and she will watch over us. We will see her again. Adrianne thank you for being such an influence in my life. Even though we weren't the closest friends I still cherish your memory.


The day after I found out about Adrianne's passing I found out another good friend from school, Cody Scafer had passed away in his sleep Saturday night. I was devastated again! I can't believe we ( I say we because there were many who were friends with both) lost 2 great people in 1 day!

In this sad week all I can think about is how much I take for granted. It makes me think of friends and family. What would I do if they passed away? What kind of things would I like to say to them before they go. I just wanted to let all my friends and all my family know that "I love you. Despite our differences. No matter how often we speak or see each other. I care about you and would miss you deeply if you were gone." I hope everyone is doing well...

Love you guys!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment