A place for those who loved her to write, post pictures, and share memories with her family and friends.

**Its been so comforting and positive to feel the love you are all sharing and to share the wonderful memories we have! This is a place where we can all share our love, feelings, thoughts, memories, pictures and 'tributes' to Adrianne (and her family) anytime, no matter how how big or small!

I have set up an e-mail account for this, and when you'd like something posted, please e-mail it to:

rememberingadrianne@gmail.com

However, if you are a close friend or family of Adrianne and will post often or would like access without going through me every single time, let me know and I can make you a 'blog author'.
Thanks! -Jes

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Red Soles

I was thinking last night about the last time I did your acrylic fingernails and toenails.

Remember?

We were in your new apartment, upstairs in your new bedroom, with dim lighting, and sitting on top of those plastic buckets/bins, and watching my very first episode of 30 Rock. :)
It was SO hard to see what I was doing, and uncomfortable propped and sitting on the floor and those boxes, shifting here and there when my legs fell asleep. It took HOURS!!! I didn't have good files, lol.... and oh they looked horrible! You tried to tell me that they were fine, and were all sorts of positive about them. I HATED them, and wanted to re-do them the next day when we could be in the light!



Your toes and fingers were just a simple, classic pale pink and white tips... buu-uuut, its you, lol so we had to spice it up a little! :) We experimented and tried doing forms on your ring fingers, where we made the underside of the tips a bright red, and the tops white... lol to match your new favorite pair of red soled shoes... it worked... but we definitely could have done it better the next time with better lighting and etc.

Today when I arrived early to the funeral (to save seats), I saw your lovely red soled shoes were sitting up on the podium. I had to chuckle to myself. It was funny to me that Id been thinking about them, and there they were.

(not 'THE' shoes... but you get the idea)


My favorite part though, was when Id heard people mention that the underside of your casket had been painted bright red! Awesome. Id been planning to go in and see you one last time once Candace was there, but knowing that made me impatient! :) I didn't want to look like an idiot on the floor looking at it, so I asked Christina first. She laughed and confirmed it was indeed red, so I bent down and looked. ...Love it!! It was so perfectly you! I'm sure you agree!

The funeral was lovely, you have an amazing family! I liked them a lot before, but now meeting more of them, seeing their strength, feeling their overwhelming love, and their strong faith, just added so much more! .......I hope soooo much, that I can be more like you! I love you so much girl, I know you know that, luckily we said it enough verbally to each other, I just hope that my actions and friendship showed it as well as I feel it.

I miss you. I miss you SO much!! I would give anything to have one last chance to quickly say goodbye. It haunts me that I never called you back in time to....

I hope you will 'peek' in on me every once in a while. I like to think you're my new guardian angel.
-Jes Koopmans

No comments:

Post a Comment