A place for those who loved her to write, post pictures, and share memories with her family and friends.

**Its been so comforting and positive to feel the love you are all sharing and to share the wonderful memories we have! This is a place where we can all share our love, feelings, thoughts, memories, pictures and 'tributes' to Adrianne (and her family) anytime, no matter how how big or small!

I have set up an e-mail account for this, and when you'd like something posted, please e-mail it to:

rememberingadrianne@gmail.com

However, if you are a close friend or family of Adrianne and will post often or would like access without going through me every single time, let me know and I can make you a 'blog author'.
Thanks! -Jes

Friday, February 13, 2009

A New Beginning… (by, Alicia Hamby)

My life changed forever on February 8, 2009. However, I did not know Adrianne. I knew “of” her because her best friend Jes is my sister in-law. We were all hanging out at my parent’s house when Scott called (one of Adrianne’s many other best friends and also like a little brother to me) and said he was coming over. My brother Daniel (Scott’s best friend) said he sounded funny, like “sick” or something… When Scott showed up, his mom was with him. I didn’t think much of it at first because our families are long time friends and I just thought she tagged along to visit. Jes looked at Scott and asked if he was alright. He shook his head no, hugged her and told her “Adrianne was just killed in a car accident”. Even just writing this, tears come to my eyes. I sat there, wanting to cry myself, as they hugged and cried together. We heard the few details of the accident and the house was a pretty solemn place to be from that moment forward.

My life changed forever at that moment. I realized how fast and unexpected life can be taken from us that day. I didn’t know Adrianne personally, but she has permanently changed the way I will live my life. I find that I am more cautious while driving (not that I wasn’t before, but I pay attention a bit more) and each time I look at my little girl, I cherish every moment I have with her in case it might be my last. I have vowed to live each day to its fullest. I will not take advantage of the small things in life that seem so meaningless at times…AND I am going to buy a pair of expensive high heels J

Reading all your memories of Adrianne make me feel close to a woman I never really knew, but thank you. It’s because of her I have realized that life is too short, and to live each day as it is your last…

~Alicia Hamby

No comments:

Post a Comment